Why strategic alliances are your marketing goldmine
January 17, 2018
Are You Making the Most of the Space on Your Business Card?
August 1, 2019

Here are 3 things you should be doing to convert future prospects into customers

67% of people aren’t ready to buy just yet, but might in the future… what are you doing to make sure they remember you?
Research has shown that at any given time, 3% of people are ready to buy right now. And this is traditionally where most marketing efforts have been focused.

But 3% is a pretty small number… what about the other 97%?

30% are never going to buy from you, so we’ll just forget about them. But there’s a massive 67% of people that aren’t ready to buy just yet, but might in the future… what are you doing to make sure they remember you?

Here are the top three marketing tactics you can use to make sure these people remember you when they’re ready to buy:

1. Capture your prospects’ data

Encourage prospects to sign up to your newsletter, so that you have permission to contact them regularly via email. Your regular bulletins will help to ensure that out of sight isn’t out of mind.

2. Give value up-front

A popular way of providing value up-front is to provide a “buyer’s guide” type of report which gives people information that assists them to make informed buying decisions relating to your industry.

Hint: this is usually information that a business owner takes for granted, but which is nowhere near as obvious to prospects! Prospects tend to really appreciate this information as it empowers them. And by positioning yourself as the expert, they’re more likely to buy from you.

3. Provide useful website resources

Having lots of useful information and resources on your website means that it’s more likely to get repeat visits from your prospects as they get ready to buy.

For maximum impact, use all three of these tactics

Used in isolation, these tactics work OK… but if you start combining them you’ll make a very strong impression indeed.

For example, you could offer a buyer’s guide report as an enticement for newsletter sign-ups. And this is all done via a form on your resource-rich website.

This sounds like a lot of work

Actually, once you’ve got the system up-and-running, it isn’t very much work at all – it might just be a case of periodically updating the website resources.

Besides, just think how much effort you put into selling to the 3% of people that are ready to buy right now; just imagine what happens to your sales revenue when you start marketing to the other 67% of people who might want to buy from you in the future!